A forum user has reported difficulty logging in. Would all users please report their experience, good or bad, along with the browser and operating system they are using.
Personally, I'm permanently logged in, but I logged in from a different browser instance without any problems – iOS/Safari.
Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested
Moderator: CrazyIvan
Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested
I didnt have any issues with Firefox here.
Could have been a network issue with the anti spam plugins.
Could have been a network issue with the anti spam plugins.
-
Antipodean
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:43 am
- Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested
No problem logging in, but like CrazyIvan , I am 'permanently' logged in. The only thing I get is occasionally Cloudflare asks me to verify I'm human.
Fedora 43 and Chrome browser.
Fedora 43 and Chrome browser.
Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested
Yes, without that the forum would become unusable because of the bot traffic. I don't understand "occasionally", I have to pass the challenge every time I come onto the site and even during the session.Antipodean wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:11 pmThe only thing I get is occasionally Cloudflare asks me to verify I'm human.
-
Antipodean
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:43 am
- Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested
I say occasionally because most of the time Cloudflare does a check and decides I have been here before and carries on. Every so often it asks me to check the check box before carrying on.CrazyIvan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:22 pmYes, without that the forum would become unusable because of the bot traffic. I don't understand "occasionally", I have to pass the challenge every time I come onto the site and even during the session.Antipodean wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:11 pmThe only thing I get is occasionally Cloudflare asks me to verify I'm human.
Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested
Aha! That could be because I'm mainly using DuckDuckGo, which is very selective on which cookies to keep.
Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested
Here are two screenshots:
This might be pertinent to the issue. I have been trying to log on through:
https://3dprintersforum.co.uk/ucp.php?mode=login
This is the link that doesn't work. It's missing the 'www.' at the front of the address. I can browse the forum through this link, but I can't log on.
If I try searching again I get:
https://www.3dprintersforum.co.uk/
which is the link that has allowed me to login and get here.
With the first link, I can't even send a private message so if anybody does have this issue, which is subtle, then it's hard for them to tell you about it!
Hope this is helpful.
This might be pertinent to the issue. I have been trying to log on through:
https://3dprintersforum.co.uk/ucp.php?mode=login
This is the link that doesn't work. It's missing the 'www.' at the front of the address. I can browse the forum through this link, but I can't log on.
If I try searching again I get:
https://www.3dprintersforum.co.uk/
which is the link that has allowed me to login and get here.
With the first link, I can't even send a private message so if anybody does have this issue, which is subtle, then it's hard for them to tell you about it!
Hope this is helpful.
Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested
It might be, to the admin @3dadmin
It looks to me like the server is not implementing redirection properly. The non-www link should either not work at all or redirect to the www version. However, with a little experimenting, I see the site tries to treat www and non-www the same, without redirecting. I'm not sure that's the best idea.
I don't understand why you are trying to use the non-www URL. Just use www.... and (I think) your problems are over!
Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested
I think so too. It's just that if I do a search for 'uk 3d printing forum' then click on the link, it will likely as not take me to the wrong one. I wasn't 'trying' to use the non-www one. That was just the one that I got.