Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Suggestions about the site, forums to add and contact the admin here.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by CrazyIvan »

A forum user has reported difficulty logging in. Would all users please report their experience, good or bad, along with the browser and operating system they are using.

Personally, I'm permanently logged in, but I logged in from a different browser instance without any problems – iOS/Safari.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


3dadmin
Site Admin
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by 3dadmin »

I didnt have any issues with Firefox here.

Could have been a network issue with the anti spam plugins.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


Antipodean
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:43 am
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by Antipodean »

No problem logging in, but like CrazyIvan , I am 'permanently' logged in. The only thing I get is occasionally Cloudflare asks me to verify I'm human.

Fedora 43 and Chrome browser.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by CrazyIvan »

Antipodean wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:11 pmThe only thing I get is occasionally Cloudflare asks me to verify I'm human.
Yes, without that the forum would become unusable because of the bot traffic. I don't understand "occasionally", I have to pass the challenge every time I come onto the site and even during the session.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


Antipodean
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:43 am
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by Antipodean »

CrazyIvan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:22 pm
Antipodean wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:11 pmThe only thing I get is occasionally Cloudflare asks me to verify I'm human.
Yes, without that the forum would become unusable because of the bot traffic. I don't understand "occasionally", I have to pass the challenge every time I come onto the site and even during the session.
I say occasionally because most of the time Cloudflare does a check and decides I have been here before and carries on. Every so often it asks me to check the check box before carrying on.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by CrazyIvan »

How curious.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by CrazyIvan »

CrazyIvan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:21 pmHow curious.
Aha! That could be because I'm mainly using DuckDuckGo, which is very selective on which cookies to keep.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


KW12
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:33 am

Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by KW12 »

Here are two screenshots:
Screenshot from 2026-09-27 12-48-26.png
Screenshot from 2026-09-27 12-48-26.png (155.41 KiB) Viewed 26 times
Screenshot from 2026-09-27 12-45-37.png
Screenshot from 2026-09-27 12-45-37.png (252.39 KiB) Viewed 26 times
This might be pertinent to the issue. I have been trying to log on through:

https://3dprintersforum.co.uk/ucp.php?mode=login

This is the link that doesn't work. It's missing the 'www.' at the front of the address. I can browse the forum through this link, but I can't log on.

If I try searching again I get:

https://www.3dprintersforum.co.uk/

which is the link that has allowed me to login and get here.

With the first link, I can't even send a private message so if anybody does have this issue, which is subtle, then it's hard for them to tell you about it!

Hope this is helpful.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by CrazyIvan »

KW12 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:58 am Hope this is helpful.
It might be, to the admin @3dadmin

It looks to me like the server is not implementing redirection properly. The non-www link should either not work at all or redirect to the www version. However, with a little experimenting, I see the site tries to treat www and non-www the same, without redirecting. I'm not sure that's the best idea.
KW12 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:58 am https://3dprintersforum.co.uk/ucp.php?mode=login
I don't understand why you are trying to use the non-www URL. Just use www.... and (I think) your problems are over!
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


KW12
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:33 am

Re: Forum Login Issues – Feedback Requested

Post by KW12 »

I think so too. It's just that if I do a search for 'uk 3d printing forum' then click on the link, it will likely as not take me to the wrong one. I wasn't 'trying' to use the non-www one. That was just the one that I got.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


Post Reply