I was in-tow browsing in shops today, and went into a gift/crafts emporium selling an eclectic range of jewellery, knick-knacks, soft toys, ornaments...
I immediately spotted articulated dragons I recognised as 3D print designs, and then dinosaurs, masks, and all sorts, some in multi-colour, others in rainbow filament.
I picked up a horse model about 3" high, in white with a flowing yellow silk mane and tail, to show my companion and explain that it was 3D printed, pointing out the signs – one of which was some unremoved support! The price tag? £16!!!
3D Prints in Retail
Moderator: CrazyIvan
Re: 3D Prints in Retail
Geez. I guess somebody's been running up prints from Thingiverse (etc)? I wonder what the copyright on them says... not that it matters terribly, there is no copyright protection unless you have the means to enforce it yourself.
I never expected anyone would buy FDM ornaments for a price which made it worthwhile, but if they will (and I can find an outlet) that will keep my U1 busy!
I never expected anyone would buy FDM ornaments for a price which made it worthwhile, but if they will (and I can find an outlet) that will keep my U1 busy!
Re: 3D Prints in Retail
There's always a market for them ! They are popular with figure collectors.