3D Prints in Retail

Get help on your object. Also the place to share objects for free or just show off your design.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Post Reply
KenW
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:10 am

3D Prints in Retail

Post by KenW »

I was in-tow browsing in shops today, and went into a gift/crafts emporium selling an eclectic range of jewellery, knick-knacks, soft toys, ornaments...

I immediately spotted articulated dragons I recognised as 3D print designs, and then dinosaurs, masks, and all sorts, some in multi-colour, others in rainbow filament.

I picked up a horse model about 3" high, in white with a flowing yellow silk mane and tail, to show my companion and explain that it was 3D printed, pointing out the signs – one of which was some unremoved support! The price tag? £16!!!
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

Re: 3D Prints in Retail

Post by CrazyIvan »

Geez. I guess somebody's been running up prints from Thingiverse (etc)? I wonder what the copyright on them says... not that it matters terribly, there is no copyright protection unless you have the means to enforce it yourself.

I never expected anyone would buy FDM ornaments for a price which made it worthwhile, but if they will (and I can find an outlet) that will keep my U1 busy!
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


3dadmin
Site Admin
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:04 am

Re: 3D Prints in Retail

Post by 3dadmin »

There's always a market for them ! They are popular with figure collectors.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


Post Reply