To Reply Quickly or Hold Fire, That Is The Question!

Suggestions about the site, forums to add and contact the admin here.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Post Reply
User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

To Reply Quickly or Hold Fire, That Is The Question!

Post by CrazyIvan »

Since I chose to "adopt" this forum as my go-to for discussing all things 3D-print related, I've been the main user and volunteered as moderator (forums need mods who will keep a constant watch for spam etc), but because I am on patrol, I am always (or at least usually) the first in line to post a reply when anyone else posts.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

A rapid response to a post helps ensure the poster does not feel ignored. On the other hand, it might also shut the conversation down when other readers feel it is no longer necessary to add their views.

Opinions please!
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Heart (1)
3dadmin

3dadmin
Site Admin
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:04 am

Re: To Reply Quickly or Hold Fire, That Is The Question!

Post by 3dadmin »

Good thing. I have little experience in 3D printing... my expertise is in web servers and programming.

Keep up the good work, your efforts are appreciated!

Anyone else have an opinion feel free to chip in.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

Re: To Reply Quickly or Hold Fire, That Is The Question!

Post by CrazyIvan »

But it also risks me looking like a smart-arse!
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

LOL (1)
3dadmin

TonyM
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2025 9:13 am

Re: To Reply Quickly or Hold Fire, That Is The Question!

Post by TonyM »

Nothing wrong with looking like a smart arse if you help someone out. Much better to get a reply than be left struggling.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Like (2)
CrazyIvan , 3dadmin

Post Reply