
I've been struggling with nozzle swap in this particular machine for couple of weeks already, this Artillery seems to be especially finicky with nozzle swaps and I constantly did it wrong. Today I finally got new PTFE tube (along with actual tube clippers to get perfectly cut end on the tube) and after having cleaned the heat block mounting hole with thread tap, I was sure I'll get the nozzle flush with heat break and PTFE tube.
But, as I was heating up the hotend for final tightening, I swear I saw a mild puff of smoke coming from the vent of the bed frame -where main board sits. After that the nozzle temp started dropping by itself. Soon after that the machine restarted itself, a few times. I shut everything off for a minute, then switched back on. The screen went bonkers, showing half of the selected menu and half main menu. I noticed the cooling fan was also out, so I swapped into spare one. Now the machine booted fine, I even got to level the bed, but once I started loading filament, the nozzle temp reached 200C but again started dropping by itself.
Fortunately, new main board isn't expensive. I'm just annoyed by the fact that I probably need to wait a month before receiving one, as Artillery's service isn't exactly the fastest around. I might be able to score one off Amazon too, but at noticeably higher cost.