What's Your Longest Print?

Specific discussion of FDM printers (fused deposition modelling - ie filament), with sections for makes and models.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Post Reply
User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

What's Your Longest Print?

Post by CrazyIvan »

Who here holds the record for the longest print time?

Obviously this will have to be self-certified, so no cheating please. A screen-shot of the slicer output would be good, and maybe even a photo of the completed print.

Smaller printers will have the disadvantage here, there's only so long they can print before exhausting the print volume!
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

Re: What's Your Longest Print?

Post by CrazyIvan »

I'll kick off with 11h13m on a Tina2.

(I have a previous project of 12h03m, but without much corroboration)

My current project:
LongestPrint-01-small.jpg
LongestPrint-01-small.jpg (248.66 KiB) Viewed 843 times
LongestPrint-02-small.jpg
LongestPrint-02-small.jpg (243.36 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Fixed By admin.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


Antipodean
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:43 am
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: What's Your Longest Print?

Post by Antipodean »

CrazyIvan wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:43 am I'll kick off with 11h13m on a Tina2.

(I have a previous project of 12h03m, but without much corroboration)

My current project:
LongestPrint-01-small.jpg
LongestPrint-01-small.jpg (248.66 KiB) Viewed 841 times
LongestPrint-02-small.jpg
LongestPrint-02-small.jpg (243.36 KiB) Viewed 841 times
Fixed By admin
I was going to say that is too big to go in a Framework Laptop, but it is obviously not an expansion port for one of them ;)
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


User avatar
CrazyIvan
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:25 am

Re: What's Your Longest Print?

Post by CrazyIvan »

Antipodean wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:09 pm I was going to say that is too big to go in a Framework Laptop, but it is obviously not an expansion port for one of them ;)
It's an adapter for a 3½" drive bay.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY


Lazman
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2026 6:28 pm

Re: What's Your Longest Print?

Post by Lazman »

Here's a pic of something that took a long time to print on my old Tronxi printer:



& the time it took to print:
dragon2.JPG
dragon2.JPG (101.18 KiB) Viewed 139 times
It may actually have taken longer, I was using the Tronxi slicer & now I'm using the Creality slicer (with the settings for the previous printer) to try to re-create it.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Attachments
tronxi1.JPG
tronxi1.JPG (18.66 KiB) Viewed 139 times

Post Reply