Page 1 of 1

Any Ultimaker Users?

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2025 8:02 pm
by Paddy_SP
Please be gentle with me, this is my first post here!

I recently bought a s/h Ultimaker S5, but for various reasons (mostly trying to get satisfactory results with a Miraco Plus), haven't even plugged it in yet. The plan is to make some dummy car parts out of the likes of PLA to check for form and fit, and when/if they're deemed good enough, I'll either re-make them using the appropriate filament, or send the stl off to get them done in metal.

So - my question is simply, are there any other S5 users on here? I've done a forum search but the only returns I got for 'Ultimaker' were references to Cura!

Re: Any Ultimaker Users?

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2025 9:37 am
by CrazyIvan
Hello!

To be completely honest, there are not many people here at all (ignore the number of registered members - they mostly come and go, and if they post a question don't even stick around for an answer... or at least don't acknowledge that somebody has bothered to reply). We're trying to build a community though, so if you are willing to stick around you are most welcome.

I'll open an Ultimaker section in Hardware, and move this thread to Introductions.

Re: Any Ultimaker Users?

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2025 11:44 am
by Paddy_SP
Thank you!

Re: Any Ultimaker Users?

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2026 1:51 pm
by bmorgan
Hi there i am one of those guilty parties, the ones that pop on now and again. i joined in 21 looking to buy a printer, but life got in the way, but this year is the year that i buy one, which one i am not too sure but i cant have me grandson getting in before me