Printing speed of benchy on my new KC1
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2025 11:33 am
Hi all
Had my Creality KC1 delivered yesterday and the first thing I tried was printing the Benchy from the gcode supplied on the printer it's self.
This seemed to print perfectly and took 16 mins.
I have downloaded Creality_Print slicer and that has a few built in tests including the Benchy stl.
So I though I would have a go at slicing that to see if I can get the same results.
I didn't change anything as after I selected my printer, it defaulted to PLA with a 0.4 nozzle and a 0.2mm layer height (which according to their instructions was what to choose)
I left all the other options at default, oddly, the speed tab didn't show ant options?
Anyway I printed it and it came out looking identical, only this time it took 31 mins instead of 16 mins.
So, obviously I don't want to take double the time for what appears to be an identical looking object.
So the question is, what settings have I got wrong?
I've watched a few YouTube vids and it seems the consensus is I shoudn't be using the Creality slicer but should be using Orca or Cura instead, and I should be rooting my printer.
This is all fine when I know what I'm doing and feel more confident, at the moment I can print from my MacBook from Creality_print and also watch it print on my laptop, I kind of don't want to mess with what works on my first few days with it.
I have linked to both Benchy files (labeled slowbench and fastbench), I've tried to work out what's going on from a list of Gcode commands I found but am none the wiser at the moment,
Many thanks
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aUBCKb ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15y-wfo ... sp=sharing
Had my Creality KC1 delivered yesterday and the first thing I tried was printing the Benchy from the gcode supplied on the printer it's self.
This seemed to print perfectly and took 16 mins.
I have downloaded Creality_Print slicer and that has a few built in tests including the Benchy stl.
So I though I would have a go at slicing that to see if I can get the same results.
I didn't change anything as after I selected my printer, it defaulted to PLA with a 0.4 nozzle and a 0.2mm layer height (which according to their instructions was what to choose)
I left all the other options at default, oddly, the speed tab didn't show ant options?
Anyway I printed it and it came out looking identical, only this time it took 31 mins instead of 16 mins.
So, obviously I don't want to take double the time for what appears to be an identical looking object.
So the question is, what settings have I got wrong?
I've watched a few YouTube vids and it seems the consensus is I shoudn't be using the Creality slicer but should be using Orca or Cura instead, and I should be rooting my printer.
This is all fine when I know what I'm doing and feel more confident, at the moment I can print from my MacBook from Creality_print and also watch it print on my laptop, I kind of don't want to mess with what works on my first few days with it.
I have linked to both Benchy files (labeled slowbench and fastbench), I've tried to work out what's going on from a list of Gcode commands I found but am none the wiser at the moment,
Many thanks
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aUBCKb ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15y-wfo ... sp=sharing