Page 1 of 1

Not sticking to bed!

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2024 2:47 am
by AyEss_60
hey everyone

Got an Elegoo Neptune 2S, that ive had for quite some time now.
I stored my printer away for about a year, Pulled it back out the other day, gave it all a good clean up etc.
Cleaned the PEI bed with Isopropyl Alcohol etc Ready to put to use again...

and i CANNOT get prints to stick anymore!
Never had 1 failed print before i stored it away!
Now i cannot get it to stay on! failing print after print now...

PEI bed.. Printing PLA+, 60c Bed temp...
Added BRIM on Cura too...

Added Elmer's purple to clear glue stick to the bed too.....
Nothing seams to be working....

Ive adjusted my Z-offset on the slightly "tighter" side, when using the A4 paper method...

Ive kept "Z-Hop when retracted" enabled... and using the preset 0.3mm Z-Hop.....
Aswell as "avoid printed parts"
Just to rule out nozzle potentially hitting the object....

Nothing im doing seams to help!
As i said.. used to print ALOT.... printer used to run 24/7, printing items that sold very well..
But since storing away, I cannot get anything to stick!

cheers

Re: Not sticking to bed!

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2024 7:46 am
by CrazyIvan
So what's happening then – the first layer just strings and builds up on the nozzle? Or does the first layer print reasonably and then detach later? I'll assume the former.

Just ideas, because I have no experience beyond Tina2 (and as you have plenty of experience I'm sure it's just a case of bouncing ideas):

1. Too much Z gap. I've worked out that to properly calibrate the Z offset, the gap needs to be just enough to stop the extruder clicking.

2. Too low a nozzle temperature. I boost my first layer temperature beyond default. If the temperature is really too low of course, the layers won't stick to each other, and ultimately not extrude enough so the extruder clicks).

3. Filament got "old". You say you haven't done any printing for a year, so perhaps humidity has ruined the filament. Try some new.

4. If it is new filament, perhaps the settings need tweaking. I have noticed substantial differences between filaments with different pigments.

Based on nothing, I'm not a fan of glue stick. Sounds like snake oil to me. Somebody tell me how some semi-solid (at room temperature) gunk is supposed to react to filament at 200ºC+.

Re: Not sticking to bed!

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2024 7:04 pm
by AyEss_60
heyy thanks for the reply :)

The print is start perfectly.. But it gets further into the print, and it detaches from the bed...
PEI bed at 60c... even with glue stick...

Z-height has been adjusted to try and help.. Using the piece of paper method between the nozzle and the bed... Ive had the z-height higher and lower... Still no help..

As for nozzle temperature... I print using the same Sunlu filament that ive always used.. Prints look flawless.. No stringing etc either.. So temperature is great..

I stored my printer away, with no filament... I bought a brand new roll of PLA+ before using my printer again, and i always put them in my Sunlu drier for 24 hours before printing...

Re: Not sticking to bed!

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2024 12:53 am
by CrazyIvan
CrazyIvan wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 7:46 am So what's happening then – the first layer just strings and builds up on the nozzle? Or does the first layer print reasonably and then detach later? I'll assume the former.
AyEss_60 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 7:04 pmThe print is start perfectly.. But it gets further into the print, and it detaches from the bed...
So it's the latter then! :roll:

Nothing I said is relevant.

Re: Not sticking to bed!

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2026 8:13 pm
by Lazman
I had that self-same issue with a brand new Creality K2 SE.
The bed plate advised to use glue to enable adhesion, so I cleaned all my fingerprints using some 70% IPA & applied some Creality gluestick - didn't work, still had the object sliding around (& the glue layer feeling very dry), so I cleaned off the glue with some more IPA & re-applied it - same issue again, so this time I didn't clean off the previous layer of glue, just applied a second coat & reduced the bed temp from 60C to 50C
Surprise, surprise perfect adhesion using Sunlu PLA+(with a brim).