Elegoo incorrect temperature...
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2024 3:31 am
hey everyone.
I know my printer is fairly old at this point, But its been a great printer and earnt me alot of money.
One thing that has always bugged me though.. From day 1, the nozzle temperature has always been incorrect!
I went from a Anet A8 as my 1st printer, to the Elegoo neptune 2S, I always ran the same brand filament, always at around 215c range.. When i stepped to the Elegoo, I noticed it was clogging alot at 215c, so i bumped the temp up a little, bit by bit.. and found that 240c was perfect....
Knowing that 240c is a bit high for PLA+, I borrowed my friends callibrated K-Type temperature probe, and probed the nozzle/hot end when upto full temperature..
and found that the nozzle is actually 220c, when i had selected 240c when slicing...
No matter what temperature i sliced at... the nozzle would always be 20c incorrect to what the printer is seeing... Even though the probe would detect that its at 240c like i set it to.... the nozzle would still only be 220c...
So the thermistor seams to be reading incorrectly....
I ended up replacing the thermistor, with one that elegoo recommended... still exactly the same... the printer would detect 240c... but nozzle only at 220c...
Ive tried different thermistors.. Although Elegoo theirself recommended NTC 100k 3950's... but no matter what thermistor i install.. its still extremely incorrect... No thermistor enables my printer to actually detect correctly....
I did the PID tune... But ofc, this hasnt helped.. Because the printer believes that the nozzle is 240c.. Although it isnt....
Is there any way of manually calibrating this?
Im in the process of looking at buying an Elegoo Neptune 4 Plus anyway.. But would be nice to finally figure out this 2S's issue...
cheers
I know my printer is fairly old at this point, But its been a great printer and earnt me alot of money.
One thing that has always bugged me though.. From day 1, the nozzle temperature has always been incorrect!
I went from a Anet A8 as my 1st printer, to the Elegoo neptune 2S, I always ran the same brand filament, always at around 215c range.. When i stepped to the Elegoo, I noticed it was clogging alot at 215c, so i bumped the temp up a little, bit by bit.. and found that 240c was perfect....
Knowing that 240c is a bit high for PLA+, I borrowed my friends callibrated K-Type temperature probe, and probed the nozzle/hot end when upto full temperature..
and found that the nozzle is actually 220c, when i had selected 240c when slicing...
No matter what temperature i sliced at... the nozzle would always be 20c incorrect to what the printer is seeing... Even though the probe would detect that its at 240c like i set it to.... the nozzle would still only be 220c...
So the thermistor seams to be reading incorrectly....
I ended up replacing the thermistor, with one that elegoo recommended... still exactly the same... the printer would detect 240c... but nozzle only at 220c...
Ive tried different thermistors.. Although Elegoo theirself recommended NTC 100k 3950's... but no matter what thermistor i install.. its still extremely incorrect... No thermistor enables my printer to actually detect correctly....
I did the PID tune... But ofc, this hasnt helped.. Because the printer believes that the nozzle is 240c.. Although it isnt....
Is there any way of manually calibrating this?
Im in the process of looking at buying an Elegoo Neptune 4 Plus anyway.. But would be nice to finally figure out this 2S's issue...
cheers