Possible or Not?

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.
REDIJEDI

Possible or Not?

Post by REDIJEDI »

Hi,

Thanks for having me, I'm Wes and I'm trying to design a few droney things. I'm fairly new to 3d printing and everything seems great on the ender 3 apart from one type of thing I am printing. I did create it first in CAD which I'm also new to, so first question, is it possible I put the finished surface on the wrong side? It is a 10mm high and thick ring (R80mm) with little 3mm thick plates attached to the side of the ring. Therefore the underside of the plate is overhanging parallel to the mat. I have maxed the density of supports, closed interface gap to 0.1mm, put a couple of layers on the supports (I think) it doesn't matter what I do, it effectively looks like it is finishing the wrong side of that horizontal shell with full diameter filament beads.

Any help appreciated. I need the surface at least more or less functionally flat, and also better on that plane because at least then 1 side is completely smooth. I appreciate the bottom-most layer won't get ironed, but I'm sure it should be better than that lol.

If theres a way to share pics, sorry I can't work it out, unless it's only via an image hosting site, in which case I did work it out and got caught unprepared. Cheers