ender 2 pro

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Martin1656

ender 2 pro

Post by Martin1656 »

Hi, i recently had to change the motherboard on my ender 2 pro, and of course they now don't supply the correct board, Anyway, i found out that a lot of the kit is Ender 3, so bought an upgrade v4.2.7 board and the supporting cable set, and was able to fit this to my machine, i double checked all connections, but when i powered up, the machine would not home, can anyone help me out here, do i need to reset the settings, to match the ender 2 profile,

CrazyIvan

Re: ender 2 pro

Post by CrazyIvan »

I can only help with some general comments. Essentially, if the layout is the same, all FDM printers are the same plus or minus a few details.

When you say "would not home", did the nozzle move at all? If not, my guess is it already thought it was home, so check the travel limit sensors operate the same for the Ender 3 as the Ender 2.

Other things to check:

Do the steppers have the same number of connections? There are several kinds, requiring different drive arrangements. Are the same motors used on the 3 as the 2?

Do the steppers rotate in the correct direction? If not, swapping a couple of wires will reverse the direction.

Are the limit sensors at the correct end of the travel?

If you are using a controller board dedicated to the Ender 3, all the parameters are hard-programmed for the Ender 3. The Ender 2 will have to have very similar characteristics in order to work, including the linear-travel-per-step scale. It seems likely it does, people don't reinvent the wheel for no reason. However, if you want to configure a significantly different set of motors etc, I think you would be better off with a vanilla FDM controller board which you can configure to your requirements.

Martin1656

Post by Martin1656 »

the connections are the same, no the nozzle didn't move, x moves up and down ok, as does y and z, when i press the move axes command, but when i press the home command, the machine went into failure mode i will have the base off again and double check, i know connections are right between the board and the steppers because i used new ender 3 cables, the only difference is at the board end on the stepper connections, but these are clearly marked as x, y e and z.

CrazyIvan

Post by CrazyIvan »

Martin1656 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:16 pm when i press the home command, the machine went into failure mode
That has to be something to do with the travel limit sensors/switches.

Sensors can be normally open or normally closed, so connecting the wrong type will make the controller think the limit has already been reached.
Martin1656 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:16 pm x moves up and down ok
x should move left and right (up and down is z).