Holes in prints-- pleassse someone help

Specific discussion of SLA printers (stereolithography - ie resin), with sections for makes and models.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

macca3dprint

Holes in prints-- pleassse someone help

Post by macca3dprint »

So recently purchased an elegoo mars resin printer but every time i try pint i'm getting these holes and elongated holes in my prints and i cannot figure out what is going on I've tried multiple things with no success seems to be in the same place every print too heres some pics surely its a simple fix

CrazyIvan

Re: Holes in prints-- pleassse someone help

Post by CrazyIvan »

I have no experience of SLA printing, but it seems to me that if these holes are always in one vertical column what you have is either an obstruction preventing the UV getting to the resin layer in that particular place, or a faulty imaging LCD.

As an aside, be aware that if your models are hollow, you need to leave a drain hole so unused resin isn't trapped inside.

Meanwhile, please check out how to post images (I patched your post, and moved it to a more appropriate section): viewtopic.php?p=1131#p1131

macca3dprint

Post by macca3dprint »

hi so tried drain holes today, tweaking settings to whats reckomended and did exposure test and that also seems good im totally stuck exact same problem so fustrating! have i got a dodgey printer

CrazyIvan

Post by CrazyIvan »

macca3dprint wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:20 pm have i got a dodgey printer
Perhaps. Can you see anything between the LCD and the tank which might be blocking the light? Have you asked the supplier?

What I suggest is preparing a simple cube model and printing that. If it has a hole, slice the model again but this time moved a bit in the print volume and see whether the hole is in the same place relative to the cube or relative to the tank.