Print won't stick to bed

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Terry

Print won't stick to bed

Post by Terry »

Being brand new to 3D printing, can anyone help me with element that won't stick. I have set the temperatures, both extrusion and bed, and the nozzle clearance is the thickness of A4 paper. What more do I need to do?
Terry

Kmxsoft

Re: Print won't stick to bed

Post by Kmxsoft »

A problem that you will come up against is that the print sticks too hard to the bed :)

Okay, we need to know the filament type. PLA will stick if you smear a thin layer of PURPLE pritt stick on the bed. Do NOT use regular pritt stick - that will not work. Elmers is usually good:

This can lead to the print stuck fast to the bed.

ABS sticks nicely to glass. Bed MUST be cleaned with alcohol first, to remove grease. Heat bed to 110 degrees. After printing, when the bed cools down the print will pop off.

Using a print surface such as BuildTak will work, however it can be a pain to get right - nozzle too close to the bed and you'll never unstick the print. Too high and it will tend not to stick.

I would advise buuying some 2mm Lexan plates cut to the size of your bed:

https://www.directplastics.co.uk/catalo ... t/?q=lexan

Prints will stick to Lexan, and can be easily removed by warping the plate when printing is finished (a 2mm plate can be easily warped without a lot of effort).
Creality CR-10S owner posting as a private individual.

Terry

Post by Terry »

Thank you for help offered, question what is lexon, and where dose one get it

Kmxsoft

Post by Kmxsoft »

Terry wrote:Thank you for help offered, question what is lexon, and where dose one get it
Lexan is a thermoplastic, similar to but VERY different to perspex. Don't try perspex - it won't work and you could end up with a horrendous mess as it will melt and molten plastic isn't a good idea.

The link was given in my previous response. They ship internationally, but try searching for Lexan to get a local supplier.
Creality CR-10S owner posting as a private individual.

steveprinters29

Post by steveprinters29 »

If print does not stick to the print bed, you can use Kapton Tape to cover the bed surface or get a 3D printer with heated bed surface. As to avail more information on 3D Printers or their accessories, you can visit

https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/d ... 3d-printer

Here, we have a "Blog Section" where you can get excellent solutions for your 3d printer related queries.